LST-777 was laid down on 4 May 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 24 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. George G. Kaszer; and commissioned on 25 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-777 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Visayan Islands landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-777 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 7 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-777 earned two battle stars for World War II service.