LST-775 was laid down on 22 April 1944 at Pitts, burgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp.; launched on 10 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. William H. Evans; and commissioned on 15 July 1944, Lt. F. J. Rowe in command.
During World War II, LST-775 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the following operations:
Leyte landings—November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-775 performed occupation duty in the Par East until early March 1946. She was decommissioned on 15 July 1946.
LST-775 earned four battle stars for World War II service.