LST-774 was laid down on 5 August 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 31 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Priscilla Winn Robertson; and commissioned on 20 November 1944, Lt. Joseph H. Gross, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-774. was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-March 1946. LST-774 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 17 September 1947, she was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Morris Heights, N.Y., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-774 earned one battle star for World War II service.