LST-771 was laid down on 5 August 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 21
September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Marion Morrow; and commissioned on 18 October 1944, Lt. T. L. Becton in command.
During World War II, LST-771 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from March through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 26 September 1947, the ship was sold to the Boston Metals Co., Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.
LST-771 earned one battle star for World War II service.