LST-767 was laid down on 19 July 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 4 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Helen Stanhope; and commissioned on 30 September 1944, Lt. R. B. Seidman, USCGR, in command.
During World War II, LST-767 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 7 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 March that same year.
LST-767 earned one battle star for World War II service.