Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-766

 

LST-766 was laid down on 13 July 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 30 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. E. Egeler; and commissioned on 25 September 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-766 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-October 1945. She was decommissioned on 19 March 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 24 December 1946, the ship was sold to Pedro Bidegaray for operation.