LST-764 was laid down on 4 July 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 21 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Guy Donoho; and commissioned on 13 September 1944, Lt. R. F. Nichols, USCGR, in command.
During World War II, LST-764 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February and March 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-December 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 30 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 11 December 1947, the tank landing ship was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., for scrapping.
LST-764 earned one battle star for World War II service.