LST-763 was laid down on 29 June 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 16 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. A. J. Meade; and commissioned on 8 September 1944, Lt. Alton W. Meekins, USCG, in command.
During World War II, LST-763 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February and March 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 August that same year. On 11 December 1947, LST-763 was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., for scrapping.
LST-763 earned two battle stars for World War II service.