LST-758 was laid down on 5 June 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 25 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. F. D. Colburn; and commissioned on 19 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-758 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-September 1945. LST-758 was decommissioned on 13 July 1946 and recommissioned on 3 November 1950 for service in the Korean War. She saw service in Korea until late July 1953. On 1 July 1955, the ship was redesignated Duval County (LST-758) after counties in Florida and Texas. Following the Korean War, she had extensive service with the Pacific and Atlantic Fleets through 1969. LST-758 was decommissioned on 28 October 1969.
LST-758 earned two battle stars for World War II service and four battle stars for the Korean War.