LST-757 was laid down on 1 June 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 21 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Beulah Schaefer; and commissioned on 15 August 1944, Lt. J. E. Clark, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-757 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 10 May 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-757 earned two battle stars for World War II service.