LST-756 was laid down on 25 May 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 15 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. W. Small, Jr.; and commissioned on 8 August 1944, Lt. Frank L. Daum, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-756 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April through June 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 17 April that same year. On 19 September 1946, the ship was sold to the Construction Power & Merchandising Co., of Brooklyn, N.Y.
LST-756 earned two battle stars for World War II service.