LST-754 was laid down on 13 May 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 6 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. A. L. Provo; and commissioned on 29 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-754 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landings in January 1945, the Mariveles-Corregidor operation in February 1945, and the Mindanao Island landings in April 1945. Following the war, LST-754 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until late March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 21 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-754 earned three battle stars for World War II service.