LST-753 was laid down on 30 April 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 10 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. F. Frye; and commissioned on 10 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-753 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lingayen Gulf landingóJanuary 1945
Mindanao Island landingsóMarch and April 1945
Balikpapan operationóJune and July 1945
Following the war, LST-753 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 25 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 13 December 1947, the ship was sold to Kaiser Co., Vancouver, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-753 earned three battle stars for World War II service.