LST-751 was laid down on 16 April 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 27 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. John W. Oahler; and commissioned on 26 June 1944, Lt. Robert E. Garris, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-751 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in November 1944 and the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945. Following the war, LST-751 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-July 1946. She was decommissioned on 21 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 15 October that same year. On 13 November 1947, the ship was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal.
LST-751 earned two battle stars for World War II service.