LST-748 was laid down on 2 April 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 13 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. C. McK. Lynch; and commissioned on 5 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-748 was assigned to the Asiatic-Parific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in November 1944 and the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945. Following the war, LST-748 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-March 1946. On 27 May 1948, she was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposition.
LST-748 earned two battle stars for World War II service.