LST-747 was laid down on 2 April 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 20 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Roy Uncapher; and commissioned on 15 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-747 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. The ship returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 21 May 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-747 earned two battle stars for World War II service.