LST-746 was laid down on 26 March 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 6 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. H. Jacobson; and commissioned on 3 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-746 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-746 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 4 March 1948, the ship was sold to the Port Houston Iron Works, Inc., of Houston, Tex., for non-self-propelled operation.
LST-746 earned four battle stars for World War II service.