Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-745

 

LST-745 was laid down on 19 March 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 29 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Paul Simon; and commissioned on 31 May 1944.

 

During World War II, LST-745 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:

 

Leyte landings—October 1944

Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945

Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—May and June 1945

 

Following the war, LST-745 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 9 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 26 September 1947, the ship was sold to the Boston Metals Co., of Baltimore, Md., for scrapping.

 

LST-745 earned three battle stars for World War II service.