LST-743 was laid down on 20 February 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 19 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Jack M. Page; and commissioned on 23 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-743 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Mindanao Island landings in March 1945 and the Tarakan Island landings in April and May 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 23 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 23 October 1947, LST-743 was sold to the New Orleans Shipwrecking Co., of Chicago, III., for scrapping.
LST-743 earned two battle stars for World War II service.