LST-741 was laid down on 5 March 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 15 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Paul F. Meehan; and commissioned on 19 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-741 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Mprotai landings—September 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Mindanao Island landing—April 1945
Following the war, LST-741 was decommissioned on 9 August 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 12 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-741 earned three battle stars for World War II service.