LST-734 was laid down on 25 January 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 4 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. P. Spofford; and commissioned on 22 April 1944.
During World War II, LST-734 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Ormoc Bay landings—December 1944
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-734 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 7 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 24 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-734 earned four battle stars for World War II service.