LST-733 was laid down on 16 January 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 26 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. E. Shields; and commissioned on 15 April 1944, Lt. T. J. Tracy, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-733 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-733 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 17 September 1947, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-733 earned three battle stars for World War II service.