Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-732

 

LST-732 was laid down on 5 January 1944 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 19 February 1944; sponsored by Miss Marian B. Ross; and commissioned on 10 April 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-732 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. She was decommissioned on 7 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposal. On 19 July 1946, the ship was struck from the Navy list.