Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-730

 

LST-730 was laid down on 13 December 1943 at Pittsburgh, Pa., by the Dravo Corp., Neville Island; launched on 29 January 1944; sponsored by Mrs. W. R. Nichols; and commissioned on 30 March 1944, Lt. Milo Hazard in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-730 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 8 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 18 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Learner Co., of Oakland, Calif., and subsequently scrapped.