Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-727

 

LST-727 was laid down on 8 August 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 10 September 1944; sponsored by Miss Sally Willis; and commissioned on 4 October 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-727 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 26 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 15 June 1948, the ship was sold to Steele Powers for operation.