LST-725 was laid down on 29 July 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 2 September 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Gladys D. Ogden; and commissioned on 25 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-725 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from April through June 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. The ship was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., on 11 December 1947 for scrapping.
LST-725 earned two battle stars for World War II