LST-722 was laid down on 15 July 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 21 August 1944; sponsored by Miss Rosemary Furey; and commissioned on 13 September 1944.
During World War II, LST-722 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Palawan Island landings—February and March 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-722 performed occupation duty in the Far East until April 1946. She was decommissioned on 13 July 1946. Recommissioned on 16 November 1951, the ship was assigned to the Amphibious Force, U.S. Atlantic Fleet, for duty. On 1 July 1955, LST-722 was redesignated Dodge County (LST-722) after counties in Georgia, Minnesota, Nebraska, and Wisconsin. She was decommissioned again on 3 January 1956 and struck from the Navy list on 15 September 1974.
LST-722 earned one battle star for World War II service.