LST-719 was laid down on 24 June 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 8 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Mary L. Mattingly; and commissioned on 31 August 1944, Lt. J. H. Ingram in command.
During World War II, LST-719 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Palawan Island landings—March 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April and May 1945
Following the war, LST-719 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 12 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 14 March 1947. On 4 November 1947, the ship was sold to the Moore Drydock Co., of Oakland, Calif., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-719 earned one battle star for World War II service.