LST-718 was laid down on 28 June 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 3 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Helen N. DeGraw; and commissioned on 28 August 1944, Lt. R. A. Fisher, USNR, in command.
Following World War II, LST-718 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early April 1946. She was decommissioned on 25 June 1946. On 18 June 1948, the ship was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., of Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped. She was struck from the Navy list on 31 July 1948.