LST-713 was laid down on 3 June 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 11 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Barbara A. Lawson; and commissioned on 7 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-713 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima—February 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-713 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-February 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 21 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-713 earned two battle stars for World War II service.