LST-712 was laid down on 22 May 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 7 July 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Elma Mae Goodhue; and commissioned on 2 August 1944.
During World War II, LST-712 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-712 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 20 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 27 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Basalt Rock Co., Napa, Calif., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-712 earned two battle stars for World War II service.