LST-707 was laid down on 1 May 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 16 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Lorine C. Deleuil; and commissioned on 13 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-707 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—November 1944
Lingayen Gulf landings—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-707 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 28 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 7 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-707 earned four battle stars for World War II service.