LST-704 was laid down on 27 April 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 3 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs.
Dorothy B. Riefkin; and commissioned on 27 June 1944, Lt. W. H. Walshe, USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-704 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landings in October 1944 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, LST-704 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 19 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 26 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Basalt Rock Co., Inc., of Napa, Calif., for scrapping.
LST-704 earned two battle stars for World War II service.