LST-703 was laid down on 8 April 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 28 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Josephine S. Coe; and commissioned on 23 June 1944, Lt. W. C. Fisher in command.
During World War II, LST-703 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Balikpapan operation—June and July 1945
Following the war, LST-703 performed occupation duty in the Far East until late October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 10 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 31 July that same year. On 10 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Salco Iron & Metal Co. for scrapping.
LST-703 earned three battle stars for World War II service.