LST-700 was laid down on 22 March 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 13 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Leona M. Slack; and commissioned on 7 June 1944, Lt. C. W. Blodgett in command.
During World War II, LST-700 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Leyte landing in November 1944 and the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945. Following the war, LST-700 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 27 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 13 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Kaiser Co., of Vancouver, Wash., for scrapping.
LST-700 earned two battle stars for World War II service.