LST-693 was laid down on 18 February 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 7 April 1944; sponsored by Miss Rose Mary Harrod; and commissioned on 15 May 1944, Lt. M. E. Hoag in command.
During World War II, LST-693 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Mindoro landings—December 1944
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-693 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-October 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 1 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 10 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., for scrapping.
LST-693 earned four battle stars for World War II service.