Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-685

 

LST-685 was laid down on 21 December 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 18 February 1944; sponsored by Miss Agnes J. Langley; and commissioned on 7 April 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-685 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 22 July 1946. On 13 January 1947, the ship was placed in service and used for Naval Reserve training out of Tompkinsville, N.Y. She was inactivated on 2 June 1950 at Green Cove Springs, Fla. On 1 July 1955, she was redesignated Curry County (LST-685) after counties in New Mexico and Oregon. The tank landing ship was struck from the Navy list on 1 November 1958.