LST-684 was laid down on 13 December 1943 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 12 February 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Florence M. Sussman; and commissioned on 3 April 1944, Lt. P. B. Welch, Jr., USNR, in command.
During World War II, LST-684 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of Guam—July and August 1944
Assault and occupation of Iwo Jima—February 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-684 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-November 1945. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 25 November 1945 and destroyed on 22 March 1946. LST-684 was struck from the Navy list on 5 June 1946
LST-684 earned three battle stars for World War II service.