LST-6S2 was laid down on 6 December 1944 at Jeffersonville, Ind., by the Jeffersonville Boat & Machine Co.; launched on 31 January 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Ethel M. Ward; and commissioned on 18 March 1944, Ens. R. B. Flynn in command.
During World War II, LST-682 was assigned to the European theater and participated in the invasion of Normandy in June 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in May and June 1945. Following the war, the ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until late February 1946. LST-682 returned to the United States and was decommissioned en 30 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 25 September that same year. On 3 June 1948, she was sold to the Walter W. Johnson Co. for scrapping.
LST-682 earned two battle stars for World War II service.