LST-680 was laid down on 5 May 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 26 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. F. W. Leahy; and commissioned on 21 July 1944.
During World War II, LST-680 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Lingayen Gulf landing—January 1945
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Mindanao Island landings—April 1945
Following the war, LST-680 performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-April 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 5 July 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 28 August that same year. On 14 May 1948, the ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-680 earned three battle stars for World War II service.