LST-675 was laid down on 16 April 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 2 June 1944; sponsored by Mrs. H. B. Van Hook; and commissioned on 24 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-675 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the Lingayen Gulf landing in January 1945 and the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. She was grounded and suffered severe damage off Okinawa on 4 April 1945 and was ultimately determined to be un-salvageable. LST-675 was decommissioned on 25 August 1945 and struck from the Navy list on 17 September that same year. In July 1957, her hulk was authorized by the Secretary of the Navy for donation to the government of the Ryukyus.
LST-675 earned two battle stars for World War II service.