LST-674 was laid down on 11 April 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 26 May 1944; sponsored by Mrs. H. P. Anderson; and commissioned on 19 June 1944.
During World War II, LST-674 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto from 26 March through 30 June 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until late December 1945. Upon returning to the United States, the ship was decommissioned on 14 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 June that same year. On 26 May 1948, the tank landing ship was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., for scrapping.
LST-674 earned one battle star for World War II service.