LST-665 was laid down on 5 February 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 18 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. L. L. Smith; and commissioned on 12 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-665 was assigned to the Euopean theater and participated in the invasion of southern France in August and September 1944. She was then assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and took part in the capture and occupation of the southern Palau Islands in September and October 1944.
Following the war, LST-665 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until mid-March 1946. She returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 11 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 3 July that same year. On 10 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Salco Iron & Metal Co. for scrapping.
LST-665 earned two battle stars for World War II service.