LST-663 was laid down on 22 January 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 8 April 1944; sponsored by Mrs. J. P. Delaney; and commissioned on 5 May 1944.
During World War II, LST-663 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Leyte landings—October and November 1944
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April through June 1945
Following the war, LST-663 returned to the United States and was decommissioned on 29 May 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 11 December 1947, the ship was sold to the Southern Shipwrecking Co., of New Orleans, La., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-663 earned three battle stars for World War II service.