LST-660 was laid down on 6 January 1944 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 24 March 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Robert Gibson; and commissioned on 26 April 1944.
During World War II, LST-660 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the following operations:
Capture and occupation of southern Palau Islands—September and October 1944
Leyte landings—November 1944
Zambales-Subic Bay—January 1945
Assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto—April 1945
Following the war, LST-660 performed occupation duty in the Far East until early January 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 26 April 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 June that same year. On 17 May 1948, she was sold to the Bethlehem Steel Co., of Bethlehem, Pa., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-660 earned four battle stars for World War II service.