Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-654

 

LST-654 was laid down on 9 December 1943 at Ambridge, Pa., by the American Bridge Co.; launched on 30 January 1944; sponsored by Miss Mary C. Nichols; and commissioned on 20 March 1944.

 

Following World War II, LST-654 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. She was decommissioned on 12 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition and struck from the Navy list on 19 July 1946.