LST-652 was laid down on 24 July 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 19 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Sadie M. Eveleigh; and commissioned on 1 January 1945, Lt. Richard N. Shaw, USNR, in command.
On 15 September 1945, she was redesignated LSTH-652. The ship performed occupation duty in the Far East until early March 1946. She was decommissioned on 5 March 1946. On 6 March 1952, the ship was redesignated LST-652 and transferred to the Military Sea Transportation Service on 31 March 1952 where she operated as USNS LST-652 until struck from the Navy list on 1 May 1961.