LST-651 was laid down on 24 July 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 16 October 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Mary Margaret Graham Aubry; and commissioned on 4 November 1944.
During World War II, LST-651 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Okinawa Gunto in April 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East until mid-January 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 23 January 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 5 December 1947. On 26 May 1948, LST-651 was sold to Consolidated Builders, Inc., Seattle, Wash., and subsequently scrapped.
LST-651 earned one battle star for World War II service.