Return to DANFS IndexImage of an anchorReturn to Naval Historical Center homepage
flag banner
Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships banner
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY -- NAVAL HISTORICAL CENTER
805 KIDDER BREESE SE -- WASHINGTON NAVY YARD
WASHINGTON DC 20374-5060

LST-635

 

LST-6S5 was laid down on 17 May 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 7 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. Isabella Wurst; and commissioned on 26 August 1944, Lt. D. J. Lanphere in command.

 

Following World War II, LST-635 performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. She was decommissioned on 7 June 1946 and transferred to the State Department for disposition on 19 July 1946.