LST-634 was laid down on 13 May 1944 at Seneca, III., by the Chicago Bridge & Iron Co.; launched on 1 August 1944; sponsored by Mrs. R. F. Hendren; and commissioned on 22 August 1944, Lt. T. Little in command.
During World War II, LST-634 was assigned to the Asiatic-Pacific theater and participated in the assault and occupation of Iwo Jima in February and March 1945. Following the war, she performed occupation duty in the Far East and saw service in China until early June 1946. The ship was decommissioned on 8 June 1946 and struck from the Navy list on 19 July that same year. On 23 June 1948, she was transferred to the Maritime Administration for disposal.
LST-634 earned one battle star for World War II service.